Friday, March 8, 2019

GREAT DESIGN I CAN GET BEHIND

An exciting transformation!

I    Before photos by Tom Vogel
I    After photos from carolineerez.com

You can tell I have an unhealthy obsession with Hamilton's inventory of character houses when I can almost instantly recognize them, even in a dramatically transformed 'after shot'. 



Old fixtures, architectural details, and the lines and curves of the walls are all clues that get my Spidey senses tingling. It is truly a thrill when I am able to compare the side by sides and unequivocally confirm my instincts!




Not only could I smell the 'before and after' when I came across this thumb-stopping transformation, but I was immediately enamored by the design. Completely - And - Utterly - Obsessed. Which was surprising given I also really (really) loved the before of this home with her unparalleled character and unrivaled potential. She is undeniably a Hamilton treasure, and I secretly feared a future owner would 'eff' her up. 


To my relief #HamOnt designer, Caroline Erez, elevated it like a boss with her re-imagined and refreshed approach to traditional design.




Inspired by all things art and design, Caroline Erez imbues her interiors with a contemporary sensibility that emphasizes dramatic colour, sumptuous materiality and sculptural composition. Building on her background in fine arts, Caroline founded Caroline Erez Design, a full-service interior design firm, serving the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area and the Golden Horseshoe. Learn MORE...

Peruse the before and after shots below and witness a rising design talent in the making! I can't wait to see what she does next!



BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER



AFTER


BEFORE

AFTER
The 1970s over mantle flower wall sculpture by C. Jere was acquired from Michael Thomas Antiques, one of my favourite Hamilton shops for art, accents and antiques. See what's new at MTA HERE.

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER




AFTER

AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment