However, we found something else that feels right - like the forever family home (yes we plan on staying put! ).
I will miss James St but the people we sold it to respect it as much as we do. A big thanks to Colette Cooper for selling our home and enabling the next chapter for The Wilson's.
Now, it sounds cliche, but we narrowed the house hunt down to three choices. You can almost hear the HGTV theme song in the background, the doorbell, and Susan Wang introducing each one. But honestly, when it came down to it we found three amazing homes - one of which we made an offer on - and two of which still exist (and are pretty AWESOME in my opinion).
What it ultimately came down to was which one felt right in the gut, along with what option offered minimal disruption to our current lifestyle (distance to the GO station, walk ability, same school district, privacy and of course -- CHARACTER!).
Here's a sneak peek of the WINNER:
|ADVERTISEMENT: CLICK TO LEARN MORE|
See below for the low down on the RUNNERS UP. Photography by the incomparable Tom Vogel, www.vogel-creative.com
1. City Views...Room to Improve: 21 Mountain Park Avenue
FRESHEST FEATURE: A bird's eye view with gorgeous panoramas of Hamilton and beyond.All this in your own backyard. Immediate wow factor and the view continues in the Master Bedroom and 3rd floor finished attic space.
- This home has tremendous curb appeal with tons of space between properties
- An upscale, family friendly neighbourhood
- Some updates are required, but mostly cosmetic to really maximize the full potential of this beauty. Easily an $800,000 home with the right improvements and design choices.
- Love the solid wood pocket doors, detailed plaster mouldings in the dining room, gorgeous stairway, inlay hardwood floors throughout, generous sized bedrooms and ample closet space
- Incredible attic potential (Master Suite calling)
Offered at $624,900
View virtual tour HERE
2. Polished Perfection...Nothing to Do: 330 Caroline Street South
FRESHEST FEATURE: Turn-key, bling, bling. Everything is done to the highest standard with top of the line finishes that sparkle and are brag worthy. This is a home for those who want to move in and enjoy. I don't feel there is as much potential to add short-term value as over $200,000 has already been put into improvements but I do think this property is a sound investment and will hold its value.
Similar to Mountain Park, this home has tremendous curb appeal and is also within an upscale, family friendly neighbourhood. One unique selling point is the double car garage with parking for up to 7 cars in the driveway - almost unheard of in the city!
And the outdoor space is amazing with a multi-tiered deck, hot tub, and water feature. Not to mention basement walkout and seamless connection/flow to the main floor living space through double french doors off the dining room.
Lastly, the biggest wow factors inside are A) The gigantic main floor bath (you could live in it) remodeled with double pedestal sinks, shower with body jets and rain shower and an extra deep claw foot bathtub and B) The state of the art theatre room on the 3rd floor with 2 piece en suite (Master suite potential)
Offered at $739,900