92 Wellington Street South, Hamilton, Ontario
Currently Listed on Realtor.ca for $369,850. View listing HERE
This fresh piece of brick has turned my head for years. Captivating curb appeal in a busy but central downtown location. Character trumps location with this home, but its well worth it based on these FRESH features:
- Magnificent lead glass doors & matching lead glass windows
- 10' ceilings
- Spacious living room with a large leaded glass bay window
- Gas fireplace & hardwood floors
- Grand staircase
- 3 large bedrooms & a spa like bathroom with jetted tub
- Enchanting low maintenance perennial gardens
- Absolutely spectacular one of a kind 6,000 gallon pond with waterfall (Featured in the Hamilton Spectator - View article HERE)
6,000 gallon pond - Muskoka in the City!
- Looks more like a lake — all right, a small bay of a lake — than an installed pond
- The pond takes most of the back yard and is ringed by trees, shrubs and a mulch-covered path that evokes the pine-needle forest carpets of cottage country. The large waterfall provides constant movement and sound that muffles the busy street noise.
- Around the six-metre by nine-metre pond are 25 tons of granite. It holds 6,000 gallons of water and up to 20 koi and is 48 inches deep at its deepest point
- The current owners have owned house for about eight years and started the garden about five years ago
- The couple left a condo in downtown Toronto to live in and restore the old house, which they have determined was built for Arthur O’Heir, a lawyer and, serendipitously, chair of the Hamilton parks board in 1914-15.
|CLICK TO LEARN MORE!|